https://rugbyleaguetraveloffice.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/10/RLTO_logo_rev.png 0 0 Mel Fraser https://rugbyleaguetraveloffice.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/10/RLTO_logo_rev.png Mel Fraser2019-12-17 13:43:272019-12-17 13:56:23Top 10 Reasons to Visit Toronto for the Rugby League
I lived in Toronto during the late 1990’s and I still visit the city regularly. Plus I’m a Rugby League Fanatic, just like you!By David Hardy (Glory Days Managing Director)
Top 10 Reasons to Visit Toronto for the Rugby League
- The Toronto Wolfpack – Witness the incredible match day experience and pioneering approach to Rugby League in Toronto. It will be a big eye opener for all fans!
- The Torontonians – Possibly the nicest and friendliest people in the World! Try starting a conversation with anyone at a bar or simply ask for directions. You’ll be greatly surprised how happy people are to chat or help.
- The Food – Toronto is very multicultural and has a huge choice of food. They excel in our British food but so much choice and generally great quality. We don’t include breakfast at hotels as huge choice around the whole city and an experience to try different places. Try St Lawrence market if you have time!
- It’s Sports Galore – It’s a sport mad city – plenty of live sports and sports bars which will show everything and not just the usual US sports. Try a sports bar and you’ll appreciate the breadth of knowledge of the sports fans, while they may not fully understand RL they are willing to learn.
- It’s a Sports Hub – Enjoy Baseball , Basketball , Ice Hockey , Canadian Football , Major League Soccer – If you have a chance try and experience one of these amazing matches live!
- Immersive Parks and Green Spaces – Toronto is full of open spaces to enjoy. There are parks on almost every corner and lots of streets lined with big leafy trees that are absolutely beautiful in the spring and summer. If you have time for a ferry to the Islands its great and relaxing (and not far).
- Get Behind the Scenes – Toronto is famously utilised as a Film and TV filming location – Suits, Incredible Hulk and Hairspray have all been filmed in the city. Who knows what they might be working on during your visit.
- The Cleanliness – The Torontonians take great pride in their city so its generally spotless.
- The Micro-Breweries – It’s not all Bud! Huge amount of Micro-Breweries feed many of the downtown pubs. Canadians are knowledgeable and willing to share their amazing food and beer!
- Make the most of your 2020! – There’s so much to enjoy from Rugby League, Super City, The Downtown, , Arts, Films, Beer, Wine, Food, Glorious Weather and lovely people!